Happy Fall Ya’ll!
I am coming at you today with some sketch ideas to help you get more out of you crafty supplies. My inspiration for this post started with this card from the Holiday Mini catalog.
This cute card was made with the Beautiful Autumn stamp set and the matching punches. I was able to use up some scraps making this card and that is great cause I am kinda drowning in them over here. This sketch is a great sketch to start with when trying to create more cards using different supplies because of its simplicity. I pulled out a couple different stamp sets and gave it a try. Honestly, it was faster than I thought it would be to knock out three more cards (that was my goal). This includes the folks stopping by to chat about our new RV. So I am pretty happy with the results and I hope you will be too.
Let’s start with this card that features the Geared Up Garage Stamp Set.
I found some left over DSP from this suite in my stash…have I mentioned I am drowning in scraps? I stamped a few more “oil spills” in Basic Gray ink to enhance the background a bit. With the matching dies that go with this stamp set, I die cut the large gear die from Basic Black card stock and some single gears from Silver Foil Paper. I stamped the greeting in VersaMark and embossed it with white embossing powder onto Real Red card stock.
I adhered the greeting with dimensionals and then took some glue dots and added silver gears around the large basic black gear. I kept it simple and to the point.
This next card I pulled out the stamp set A Little Lace and had a hankerin’ to do a little water coloring.
I used my impression mat to emboss the card base with the Stitched Lace die and really just about any folder would have worked too. I just wanted a bit of texture in the background. After I embossed the background I used my Stamparatus to stamp the floral image twice onto watercolor paper. I used VersaMark ink and white embossing powder to emboss the image onto the watercolor paper. The reason I used the Stamparatus was I wanted to be able to stamp the image twice each time to make sure the VersaMark was crisp and complete. Using a slightly textured paper like watercolor paper can sometimes not take the entire image and I wanted to remedy that.
Now that my image was embossed I was ready to water color the flowers. I used markers and my water brushes. I took the markers and applied the ink to an acrylic block in little sections so that I could grab the ink with my water brush. I colored the flowers in and allowed them to dry. Once dry, I trimmed the water color paper down to 3 3/4″ x 5. The card base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, this is the case with all of my samples in this post.
The last card I made was with the Snowflake Wishes stamp set.
I embossed the background again, this time with the Winter Snow embossing folder. I stamped a couple of snowflakes and die cut a few others. I will add that using wax paper between the dies and the paper when running it though the die cutting machine made it a bit easier to get the snowflakes out of the dies. The twine is from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon combo pack.
I hope this inspires you to try this layout with stamps and supplies you already have. Have fun!