I have something special to share with you today. As you probably have guessed by the picture, it’s a mini album. I haven’t made one in a bit and have seriously missed making them.
When I saw this suite, I immediately thought of doing a mini album with a special feature. Be sure to watch the video to see the full awesomeness of it.
Mini albums are a little on the time consuming side, but they are not difficult to make. There are several steps and they need to be done in a certain order to make sure the book goes together well. Having said that, they are so fun to make and super fun to share!
This particular mini album is pretty simple to put together. With accordion pages you don’t have to worry about creating a special holder for pages and when you have the dies to create some of the features, it makes it go together in a snap. I hope you enjoy walking through it as much as I did.
After watching the video, I would love to hear what you think. Feel free to leave a comment below.
Supplies needed to make this album:
- Also need one piece that is 5 1/2 by 7 to create one pocket. Score it on the two long side at 1/2” and one of the short sides at 1/2”
- You will also need 6 Whisper White pieces to create pockets as well. Same size as the Basic Gray one listed above.
- You will also need 3 pieces of Whisper White 6 3/4” x 10. Score on the short side at 1/2” and 5 1/4”. This should create a tab and two sections each 4 3/4” x 6 3/4”
- Chipboard pieces – 2 pieces at 5”x7” and one piece that is 1” x 7”
- 156240 Handsomely Suited Bundle
- 154562 Well Suited Designer Series Paper. Each “suite” that is adhered the pockets is cut to 4 3/8” x 6 7/16”.
- The front over shirt is cut to 6 3/4” x 4 3/4”.
- Basic Black was used for the the faux belts inside the book and the binding cover. The binding cover is 7 1/4” x 3”. After distressing the paper it will shrink a bit.
- You will also need two strips of Basic Black cut at 3/4” x 11”
- All photo mats are 8 1/2” x 6 1/4” folded in half for a finished size of 6 1/4” x 4 1/4”
- Scraps of Basic Black come in handy for the buttons, belts, suspenders pieces.
- Whisper White pieces come in handy for the collars and pockets.
- You will need a strong tape (like tear tape) to assemble the book and photo pockets. I used Seal + to adhere all the DSP.
- I got my magnets to keep the book closed from Amazon, I believe the company was Basic Gray. The magnets need to be small and thin. I haven’t tried magnet strips, but if you do try them please let me know how they work.